Committee Background and Purpose
The strategic plan of the PPDM Association, created by the PPDM Board of Directors (BOD), established a framework of interdependent functions. In 2016, about 20 regional leadership teams, committees and work groups were in place to address aspects of the strategic plan. The Board of Directors wishes to ensure excellent communication and collaboration among these functional groups. To achieve this, a PPDM Council of Chairs (P-COC) was formed.
The P-COC includes members of the BOD and key PPDM staff. It will also have the chairs of Regional Leadership Teams, Committees and Work Groups, herein referred to as “functional groups”. Each functional group has a seat on the P-COC. Participation in the P-COC will normally be by the chair of each functional group.
Primary roles for the P-COC
- To provide input into the strategic plan created by the board of directors, and contribute to the annual business plan that is developed by PPDM staff in conjunction with members.
- To discuss strategic opportunities or challenges related to a functional group with the board of directors, and leaders of other functional groups.
- To share communication about how each functional group is contributing to the goals and objectives of PPDM.
- To identify and act on opportunities for synergy between the functional groups.
- To ensure that PPDM is not engaging in duplicate or redundant effort, and to harmonize any such efforts for effective delivery.