Regulators, operators, service companies, data and software vendors, Schools (educators, students). Project Managers, Geologists, O&G Engineers, Financial, Field Workers, Business Analyst, Data Governance, Data Architect, Data Management Leaders, Data Managers, Database Analyst, Software Developers.
The data management subject area in PPDM 3.9 is provides a practical toolkit to support data management and data governance. Topics covered include data system and software inventories, data mapping, reference lists, data metrics, quality control and provenance, authorization and entitlements and, of course, reference lists.
We will review the value of the Data Management (formerly called the meta model) subject area and how to effectively use the model and provide an overview of both standard and dynamic reference tables. Understanding this subject accelerates a working team’s ability to effectively and appropriately use the PPDM Data Model.
Evaluation Method(s) / Metrics:
- Review how data management subject areas in PPDM help data managers do their job
- Explain the importance of inventory management and control to data management
- Discuss the main components of the Data Management subject areas
- Describe how the Data Management subject area is used by PPDM
- Discuss how the Data Management subject areas in PPDM can support critical data management functions.
No examination or test for this course therefor no grade assigned.
PPDM Certificate of Completion
No special requirements associated with this course.