As business continues to internationalize and the strategic intent of global organisations is to maximise business opportunities wherever they may present, the discipline of project management continues to grow in importance and the role of the Project Manager becomes ever more crucial to successful delivery and achievement of these stated aims and goals. The ‘International Project Manager’ is a special individual who is able to seamlessly integrate into different cultures – who understands their values, beliefs, and normative behaviour, who is capable of harnessing the expertise and abilities of team members, who motivates, empathizes, and understands local conditions and is able to forge mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationships with relevant stakeholders. In short, an individual who is innovative; creative and supremely adaptable. This course has been specifically designed as a complement to these set of attributes, to enhance the delegates existing knowledge and experience and to equip them such that they can deliver projects successfully anywhere
- Those involved with international business.
- Project Managers running international projects.
- Senior project team members.
- Project Sponsors.
- Individuals wishing to gain a clearer insight into international projects.
Classroom or Online
- Gain an essential understanding of international business and the role of international projects and their management.
- Understand how key issues of international finance make an international project work.
- Know how to conduct an environmental analysis to inform scenario generation.
- Become familiar with some of the key issues in international contracts.
- Know how to manage project costs.
- Gain an enhanced insight into project risk management.
- Understand the role played by culture in international projects.
- Grasp the intricacies of managing international stakeholders.
- Know how to lead and manage a geographically dispersed team (GDT).
- Become familiar with the essentials of project related purchasing; supplier selection and inventory management.