Video (Pre-recorded Class)
This course is directed at Organizational Analysts, Business Analysts, Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, and Information Technology personnel who require a more detailed understanding of the business phases, processes, and activities. It would also be useful for anyone participating or developing software for work flow analysis, MDM solutions or any project that crosses departments within an Oil and Gas Company. This course is focused upon business processes using an operating company as the basis.
This course provides a more detailed look at the business life cycle of the well within the petroleum asset life cycle. This includes: the planning, drilling, completing, producing and the disposing phases. This course also provides a more detailed explanation of the objectives, the processes, and the activities, covering the groups involved, decisions and the data categories for each activity.
Evaluation Method(s) / Metrics:
- Review each of the primary business phases associated with the petroleum asset life cycle
- Discuss the business processes and activities that are used to identify and evaluate each opportunity in the opportunity inventory through to approval within the priorities and guidelines of a petroleum organization and through to regulatory approval resulting in a licence or permit
- Gain an appreciation for the activities required to drill and evaluate a well and decide on how to proceed
- Review the activities required to take a well to its productive state, where it will begin to generate revenue
- Understand the processes and activities used to manage the asset that generates the revenue
- Discuss the options available to the business when a well is no longer economical
- Describe the objective of each process within each phase
- Describe the activities and their flow required to accomplish each process
- Describe the groups involved in each activity
- Describe the data categories that are created or used in each activity
- Describe the decision criteria for each activity
Tests are available upon request.
PPDM Certificate of Completion.
No special requirements associated with this course.